Updates and Housewarming Burger Bar

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's been a while since a blog post- super sorry!  A lot has happened in the last couple weeks.  Here's the quick version:
  • I had my last day at my old job.  It was very bittersweet but I am very excited about new adventures!
  • Luke got a big deal approved at work so he's been super busy
  • I went to the ER May 2nd at 3am with excruciating hip pain.  Long story short- I have had X-Rays, CT Scans, MRIs, and blood work done and have finally gotten the pain under control.  Still waiting on what is actually wrong but they do know I'm not dying, so that's good news. 
  • I started my new job yesterday and it was wonderful.  I am so excited about this new journey and can't wait to update you all more about it! 
  • We finally bought Luke a dresser and we are both SO EXCITED about it.  Heres a picture:
  • The most exciting part of the week was hosting our Chicago friends in our home!  We had planned to all go see a Cubs game and then come to our house for burgers afterwards.  Since we were at the ER until noon Sunday, Luke and I ended up not going to the game so we could finish getting everything together.  Here are pictures from the Burger Bar.  
Pound cake in my new bundt pan and tulips Luke bought me :)

The bar set up (and my crutch and me)


 "The Virginian" Burger: pimento cheese, bacon, and tomato

"The Chicagoan" Burger: Sautéed mushrooms, brie, and garlic aioli 

"The Texan" Burger: guacamole, jalapeños, salsa, and Monterey Jack cheese 

Yes, my platter has a burger charm.  

I also made potato salad and fruit salad

All our friends! In our home! Finally!
Also, notice the walls aren't a harassing red anymore! 


No comments:

Post a Comment