Four Kinda weird things I missed about Richmond

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sorry it's been so long since a post!  It's been a really crazy couple of weeks.  I am working out of the Richmond office this week while visiting family and friends in town and it has been really strange being back.  I don't think I realized until this week how over stimulating being in Chicago is.  Every single thing there is new, I never know where I am, and I don't know more than 20 people.  It was so refreshing to walk out to lunch here in Richmond and know exactly what was around me, what their menu was, and how long it would take to get my food.  Don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying exploring a new city with Luke but it is definitely nice to be home.  Here are 4 kinda weird things I have missed:

1. Using the stairs at work.  I work on the 44th floor in Chicago and the second in Richmond.  It was weirdly really nice to just be able to pop onto the stairs to go down one floor and then be outside.

2. Pimento Cheese.  Not much else really needs to be said about this one.  But I love pimento cheese. I haven't seen it in Chicago.  It is delicious. 

3. Driving and not feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack. Chicago has intersections where 95 million streets intersect at once.  There is such thing as a "hard left" and a "soft left" in the same intersection.  That's some confusing craziness.

4. Darkness.  I seriously hadn't noticed that I hadn't seen stars or just general complete darkness for a month.  Everything is always all lit up in Chicago.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad it is, but it was really peaceful to be in the country surrounded by stars and sounds of bugs (and also one super loud frog that I was very impressed with). 

And because every blog post should have a picture, here is my drive down Monument the other day.



No comments:

Post a Comment