Easter Decorating for a Christ- Centered Easter

Wednesday, April 1, 2015



I have been scouring Pinterest for MONTHS trying to find inspiration for Christ-centered Easter décor.  It is super hard to find! Everything out there is about involving kids in Easter and how to teach them the real meaning. There was nothing that works before kids.  I think during Easter we do need a reminder (especially adults) of what this season is about. We can get caught up in the super cute plates, bunnies and Easter egg topiaries (me, that’s me) that we forget! 

So y’all, the other day when I was trying one more time before I really had to have my Easter décor up, I stumbled upon The Small Seed and a series they have called Traditions of Faith.  Basically they talk about real family traditions they have during each holiday that incorporate God and remind us of the real meaning.  For Easter, one of the writers wrote about an Easter Tree [click here to see the post].  It was absolutely perfect!  It is a tree that you decorate with ornaments, scripture and words that remind us of Christ. The words take us through his whole life, ending with his death and then resurrection. On the blog, they set it up to involve children. They have them hunt for an Easter egg containing an ornament with an accompanying scripture each day of the week leading up to Easter.  The kids find the egg and then the family sits down to talk about that part of His life. It is super cool and so easy!  Below are pictures of how I used their super precious idea and a couple other Easter decorations I put up. 







Here is the strip of paper with the bible verse on it.
The "He is Risen" sign from The Small Seed and and amazingly fragrant Easter Lilly  from a boutique flower shop a few doors down from our house.
Here's the whole set up. Sorry for the poor light (and the crooked lampshade)
 
This "Happy Easter" banner is from Target!  It was only around $7!!  Super cute and super easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment