Weekend Recap: Mom's Birthday Weekend

Monday, January 12, 2015

This weekend was so wonderful (and very busy)!  It was my mom's birthday weekend, I had a much-needed massage on Saturday morning, and I had a planning meeting with the most wonderful brides for an August wedding in Richmond.  I am also working on getting my house in show-condition so that the photographer can come in and take pictures of it so we can get it on the market in the next couple of weeks! 

On Saturday afternoon the whole family went to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts to check out the modern art exhibit.  My super artsy sister had to explain everything to us but we had the best time looking and learning about everything. 

 This one is Nicole's favorite

 Andy Warhol

The modern art exhibit was wonderful, but this vintage couch area is more up my alley! It is so crazy  to look at all the furniture from that era and see the same colors still used today in decor.  This ornately carved couch, however, is nothing like anything is my house!

After our tour we went home and Nicole and I cooked a special dinner for the Birthday Girl with filets, mushroom risotto, roasted brussels sprouts, and pears poached in rose and ginger for dessert.


Here is the table we set with my new plates Luke's mom gave me.  They belonged to his great grandmother, where he gets the name DeGruy, and have ALL of my colors in them. Aren't they gorgeous???


I hope everyone had a wonderful, relaxing weekend as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment